Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gift Tags



Wouldn't a homemade gift tag look great on that special gift?  This is a fun project to do.  You can even use your scrap paper to make all kinds of tags, for all occasions.
I bet your thinking, who has time for that???  Well, you do!  It doesn't take too long and it's even better if you would like to make a lot you can assembly line the steps.
I made this as an example for some make and takes, so I cut lots of paper and got a lot of stuff coordinated for everyone to make this and it might have taken an hour.



Start out with your largest piece of paper 2 1/4" x 4".


Your next piece of paper will be 2" x 3" and you will want to round off all 4 of your corners.


And your last piece of paper is 1 3/4" x 2 3/4", round those corners as well.


My tag is intended for Christmas so I punched out a snowflake to jazz it up.


With your first piece of paper you want to pick one end to trim the corners off.  I kept the piece I cut off and flipped it over to use as a guide on the opposite side so my corners are the same size.  Hole punch the middle.

This is the paper you will stamp on as well.

Pick a coordinating ink to rub on the edges of your smaller two papers.  I like to add a little extra ink to the top too.



I used my glue runner to stick the smaller paper to the larger and I also gave it a squirt of Glimmer Mist before I added my last piece of paper.


Wrap your ribbon around the tag 3 or 4 times and use tape on the back to hold it in place.


Cut a ribbon about 5" long and insert through the hole.  
Stamp your tag.  You can use anything, Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Congratulations, etc....
Be sure to let the ink dry well before you do too much more with it.


Use a glue dot to adhere your decoration.


I also had a self stick gem I added to the middle of my snowflake to give a little extra sparkle.



No comments:

Post a Comment